- Be at least 16 years of age and have completed the 10th grade or its equivalency.
- Have a valid social security (SSN) or tax payer identification (TIN) number.
- Have a valid government issued photo ID.
- Commit to working 32 hours per week for two years.
- Attend a 6 hour theory class every Tuesday.
- Optional - Eyebrow Threading skill.
‘Earn while you Learn’ and ‘Pay as you Go’
- Work 32 hours per week. Get paid $16+ per hour.
- The weekly once 6 hour theory class costs $234. Pay at each class start.
- Gross earnings from 3200 training hours is at least $51,200. The total cost of theory classes is about $10,000. Unlike beauty school the apprenticeship program puts money in your pocket!
Roadmap to License
- Complete Beauology Apprenticeship Agreement.
- Do 42 Hours (unpaid time) of Pre-Apprentice Training.
- Get Apprentice License from the State Board.
- Do 222 Hours (unpaid time) of Required Supplemental Instruction (theory class).
- Do 3200 Hours (paid time) of On the Job Training at Beauology or any other authorized Establishment.
- Pass State Board License Exam.
Why choose Beauology?
- We love beauty work. If you love beauty work too then our Apprenticeship program is a stepping stone to a joyous professional career. Happiness, Education, and Service, are our guiding values.
- Beauology offers a team based supportive work environment.
- We believe in doing it right and not cutting corners.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
|Beauty School||Cosmetology Apprenticeship|
|Program Duration||1000 hours||3200 hours|
|Job Ready upon Graduation||No||Yes|
Q2. Can I do the Apprentice training at a different salon and theory classes at Beauology?
Q3. Can I do the theory classes over Zoom?
At present we do not offer the online option for the theory classes required for Apprenticeship.